Wednesday 19 May 2010

Syal "chuffed" with 'Doctor Who' role

Meera Syal has admitted that she was thrilled to land a role in Doctor Who.
Syal, who will appear in Saturday's episode as geologist Dr Nasreen Choudhry, confessed that she was desperate to appear on the show.
Speaking to What's On TV, she explained: "I told my agent I'd do anything to be in it. It's one of the things I had to do."
She added: "I was chuffed I got to go in the Tardis. Not everyone does."
The actress also revealed that the Silurians, who reappear in this week's episode, look "amazing".
"They're creepy but they're not totally evil," she continued. "They have wisdom and knowledge. They're not enemies like the Daleks or Cybermen, but I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of them!"
Doctor Who continues on Saturday at 6.15pm on BBC One.


(Digital spy).

No comments: